GIVING MOTHERS HOPE, KEEPING CHILDREN ALIVE!
Kokrokoo Charities Foundation is a social intervention initiative set up by Kwami Sefa Kayi, presenter of Peace FM’s Kokrokoo Morning Show aimed at identifying and addressing critical social needs in Ghana and help resolve emerging development challenges.
The Foundation is intended as a fund-raising platform to channel resources and funds, thus generated, in support of the needs identified using the Kokrokoo Morning Show as a vehicle. The aim is to generate considerable empathy and funds from the general public and corporate world in support of the Foundation’s work.
Kwami, himself, a radio presenter of repute and a social activist, is committed to contributing towards the search for innovative solutions to the myriad of social problems faced by Ghanaians and is dedicated to challenging the Ghanaian public everywhere, including the diaspora, to help build a more socially committed and caring Ghana.
Currently, the Foundation’s focus is to procure 100 incubators for health facilities across the country by the end of 2017. The Project is appropriately named: Project 100 Incubators and is aimed at Giving mothers hope and keeping children alive.
Kokrokoo Charities is working towards more socially responsive and caring communities dedicated to
working together in finding innovative and workable solutions to the nation’s development challenges.
Our mission is a national call to action in support of the vulnerable in society aimed at improving the
quality of life for all Ghanaians by mobilising resources, including diverse expertise and multi-sectoral
actors to develop innovative solutions to identified social and economic challenges focused, particularly,
on Good Health and Well Being, Goal 3 of the SDGs.
- To ensure increased access to health for all through targeted interventions.
- To support identified health facilities with specialised medical resources and equipment.
- To create increased awareness of neo-natal delivery challenges and available support through antenatal education and services.
- To work with policy and decision makers to focus attention on training for specialist paediatricians and neonatologists.
- To work in partnership with individuals and organisations, including the UN Systems towards attaining Goal 3 of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).